SFU needs your ideas to help us shape the future of the Burnaby Campus for the next 50 years!
SFU is committed to hearing from its campus community and other stakeholders to help us shape the future of the Burnaby Campus for the next 50 years. The planning process has involved many opportunities to hear from a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. The feedback gleaned from this process has directly influenced the development of the draft Campus Master Plan.
PHASE 5 – CURRENT PHASE
The project is now in Phase 5 of its 6 phase process. During this stage, the project team completed a full draft of the Campus Master Plan over the spring and summer of 2019. In April 2019, the project team held Open House #1 to provide opportunities for the SFU community and interested stakeholders to learn more about the planning process and provide feedback on the emerging directions for the SFU Burnaby 2065 Campus Master Plan. The feedback we received helped to inform the development of the draft Campus Master Plan.
The project team is now hosting a second open house to share key elements of the draft Campus Master Plan. Please join us on November 13th to have your say during this final public consultation event!
During the November 13th open house, the SFU community and other stakeholders are invited to learn about the planning to date, to ask questions and to provide feedback on the emerging directions of the draft SFU Burnaby 2065 Campus Master Plan.
Open house sessions run from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 3:30 – 6:30 p.m. Drop by the Saywell Hall Atrium for as long as you are able. We want to know what you think!
Throughout the first four phases of engagement, the SFU community and other key stakeholders provided input that has helped shape guiding principles and a physical vision for the Campus Master Plan.
- The project team engaged people and received input through over 45 key stakeholder interviews, an online survey, a Campus Architecture & Design Review Panel, The Future of the Campus public speaking event, a Vision SFU stakeholder workshop, a presentation to SFU’s Aboriginal Reconciliation Council, and Open House #1 held on April 4 2019.
- Input received in Phases 1-3 raised the following key issues and opportunities that the Campus Master Plan must respond to:
- Complete campus community
- Engagement: The Campus as a Destination
- Campus Setting
- Access & Mobility
- The Future of Learning
- Read the Interim Report, which summarizes stakeholder and community engagement participation and key feedback received during Phases 1-3.
Campus Master Plan Interim Report
- In Phase 4, the campus planning team explored different ideas around future land use, mobility and transportation, open spaces and landscapes, buildings and other infrastructure across the campus in shaping the emerging directions of the Plan.
- Open House #1 was held on April 4, 2019, providing opportunities to learn more about the planning process and to provide feedback on the emerging directions for the SFU Burnaby 2065 Campus Master Plan. Feedback received during Open House #1 will inform the development of the draft Campus Master Plan over Phase 5 of the project.
- View the open house panels using the link below, which summarize work-to-date on the campus master plan.
Open House Panels