SFU needs your ideas to help us shape the future of the Burnaby Campus for the next 50 years!
SFU is committed to hearing from its campus community and other stakeholders to help us shape the future of the Burnaby Campus for the next 50 years. The planning process involves many opportunities to hear from a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. The feedback gleaned from this process will directly influence the development of the Campus Master Plan.
PHASE 4 – CURRENT PHASE
The project is now in Phase 4. At this stage, the project team will report back to the SFU community on progress to date and seek input on the draft guiding principles and emerging vision for the Campus Master Plan, which are informed by what we heard in Phases 1-3. Here’s how you can get involved and have your say in this stage of the planning:
1) Attend Open House #1
- April 4, 2019: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Saywell Hall Atrium, 8888 University Dr., Burnaby
- April 4, 2019: 4:00 – 7:00 p.m., Saywell Hall Atrium, 8888 University Dr., Burnaby
2) Provide Feedback Online
- For those who cannot attend an open house, there will be the option to provide input online on the project website. Visit this page to view open house materials and provide feedback online between April 4 and April 18, 2019.
- In the spring and summer of 2019, reflecting on input from the SFU community, the project team will complete a full draft of the Campus Master Plan.
- In Fall 2019, the project team will present a draft of the Campus Master Plan at Open House #2. The SFU community and key stakeholders will be invited to review and provide comments on key elements of the Plan before it is finalized and approved in Phase 6.
Throughout the first three phases of engagement, the SFU community and other key stakeholders provided input that has helped shape draft guiding principles and an emerging vision for the Campus Master Plan.
- The project team engaged people and received input through over 45 key stakeholder interviews, an online survey, a Campus Architecture & Design Review Panel, The Future of the Campus public speaking event, a Vision SFU stakeholder workshop and a presentation to SFU’s Aboriginal Reconciliation Council.
- Input received in Phases 1-3 surfaced the following key issues and opportunities that the Campus Master Plan must respond to:
- Complete campus community
- Engagement: The Campus as a Destination
- Campus Setting
- Access & Mobility
- The Future of Learning
- Over the winter of 2019, the campus planning team has exploring different ideas around future land use, mobility and transportation, open spaces and landscapes, buildings and other infrastructure across the campus in shaping the emerging directions of the Plan.
- Read the Interim Report, which summarizes stakeholder and community engagement participation and key feedback.
Campus Master Plan Interim Report