SFU needs your ideas to help us shape the future of the Burnaby Campus for the next 50 years!
SFU is committed to hearing from its campus community and other stakeholders to help us shape the future of the Burnaby Campus for the next 50 years. The planning process involves many opportunities to hear from a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. The feedback gleaned from this process will directly influence the development of the Campus Master Plan.
PHASE 5 – CURRENT PHASE
The project is now in Phase 5 of its six phase process. During this stage, the project team will complete a full draft of the Campus Master Plan over the spring and summer of 2019. In April 2019, the project team held Open House #1 to provide opportunities for the SFU community and interested stakeholders to learn more about the planning process and provide feedback on the emerging directions for the SFU Burnaby 2065 Campus Master Plan. The feedback we received will inform the development of the draft Campus Master Plan in this phase of work.
Here’s how you can get involved and have your say in this stage of the planning process:
- In Fall 2019, the project team will present a draft of the Campus Master Plan at Open House #2. The SFU community and key stakeholders will be invited to review and provide comments on key elements of the Plan before it is finalized and approved in Phase 6.
Throughout the first four phases of engagement, the SFU community and other key stakeholders provided input that has helped shape guiding principles and a physical vision for the Campus Master Plan.
- The project team engaged people and received input through over 45 key stakeholder interviews, an online survey, a Campus Architecture & Design Review Panel, The Future of the Campus public speaking event, a Vision SFU stakeholder workshop, a presentation to SFU’s Aboriginal Reconciliation Council, and Open House #1 held on April 4 2019.
- Input received in Phases 1-3 raised the following key issues and opportunities that the Campus Master Plan must respond to:
- Complete campus community
- Engagement: The Campus as a Destination
- Campus Setting
- Access & Mobility
- The Future of Learning
- Read the Interim Report, which summarizes stakeholder and community engagement participation and key feedback received during Phases 1-3.
Campus Master Plan Interim Report
- In Phase 4, the campus planning team explored different ideas around future land use, mobility and transportation, open spaces and landscapes, buildings and other infrastructure across the campus in shaping the emerging directions of the Plan.
- Open House #1 was held on April 4, 2019, providing opportunities to learn more about the planning process and to provide feedback on the emerging directions for the SFU Burnaby 2065 Campus Master Plan. Feedback received during Open House #1 will inform the development of the draft Campus Master Plan over Phase 5 of the project.
- View the open house panels using the link below, which summarize work-to-date on the campus master plan.
Open House Panels